Friday, November 22, 2013

Yes, Even I Have A Heart

My Dad drives me nuts.
     Today I'm buffing the oak floor. (This is why I retired from my job, so I could spend all my free time buffing the floors.
     "Tell me about it," my wife says as she washes what clothes need washing or makes what beds need making or cooks what foods need cooking. Anyway...)
     The buffer is kind of loud (okay, it's a LOT of loud), and it makes a high pitched sound. A little TOO high-pitched for these old ears, so I wear ear protectors to muffle the sound. You've seen them used in gun ranges, if you're the kind of person who goes to gun ranges. If not, you've probably seen them in movies or TV. If you haven't seen them there, then you need to watch something else besides the Kardashians.
      As I'm buffing the floor, my Dad walks in and sits in his--my--favorite chair. My wife, out of habit, turns the TV on for him. So he sits there, while I buff the floor.
     I know he can't hear the TV but he sits... and sits... and sits.
     Finally, he wins.
     I feel sorry for him, turn off the buffer and...
     ...find something else to do.
 
 


Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
jimduchene.blogspot.com  Fifty Shades of Funny
@JimDuchene
   

No comments:

Post a Comment