Friday, November 15, 2013

The Price I Pay

I'm in the great room by myself, sitting in my favorite chair, and watching something other than baseball for a change.
     How did I get so lucky? I don't know. My Dad must be taking a nap or something. He's 94-years-old. Maybe I should check on him. But--dang it!--I'm really enjoying myself, because my hitting the trifecta of television-watching is so rare.
     My wife walks in. She gives me a big smile, walks over, and picks up the remote. As she changes the channel, she asks, me "Were you watching this?"
      My answer?
     "Not anymore."
     That's the price I pay for hot coffee in the morning, hot meals three times a day, and the occasional something hot at night. (And I'm not talking about cocoa.)
     I look at my wife. She looks happy watching her reruns of NCIS. I think she has a crush on Mark Harmon.
     Oh, well... as long as it makes her happy.
 
"A happy wife is a happy life."
 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
jimduchene.blogspot.com  The Aw, Nuts! Humor Blog
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment