My father always told me, "Son, if you're going to start something, start from the beginning." I think that's pretty good advice. Especially for reading these stories.
Email To My Brother: Not A Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Our father asked me if the Coronavirus was a flesh-eating bacteria.
I’m not afraid of doctors. They don’t come close to my wife telling me we have to talk. Marriage comes with its ups and downs. I've noticed that when we're watching TV and my wife tells me she doesn’t care for the show we’re watching, what she means is I'm never going to find out how it ends. But I was talking about doctors... When my youngest daughter was just out of her toddler years, my wife and I took her to her pediatrician. Unfortunately, he was out of town, so we saw someone new. Trying to win our daughter over with his friendly bedside manner, he playfully asked if she knew our first names. "Of course," she said politely. "My mommy's name is 'Sweetie' and my daddy's name is 'Babe.'" Before I retired, my job required me to take yearly physicals. Yearly, because I suffer from sleep apnea and have to u...
My wife and kids refuse to travel with me any more. "Why?" you ask. Because I'm a man who enjoys life at a discount. My wife calls that being cheap, but I'm not cheap... I'm frugal. We just got back from Dizzyland. The last time I was there, the LGBT+ were there for Rainbow Weekend. Or it was some law-enforcement convention. I've noticed they both have the same look. Sadly, next time I'll be going alone. Still, I'll have fun. "How?" you ask. Because, as everybody knows, Dizzyland is the slap-dap-happiest place on Earth. Dizzyland started as the lifelong dream of Walt White, a high-school chemistry teacher who, when he discovered he had cancer, decided to break bad and secure his family's future by cooking and selling crystal meth, and the fortune he made allowed him build Dizzyland...
Well, I did it. I was able to get my hands on the hottest Christmas toy du jour of the season. The stores were sold out. It wasn't available online. My neighbors have the selfish habit of locking their doors. So how did I do it? Let's just say, who needs two kidneys? Just ask comedian George Lopez's ex-wife, who was generous enough to lovingly give her husband one of hers just before he dumped her. I don't blame George for divorcing her. Who wants to be married to a woman with only one kidney? But I digress... The toy in question wasn't Sesame Street's new Tickle-My-Tonsils Elmo doll, that would be in poor taste. No, it was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo doll, with removable piercings and changeable tattoos. Eyebrows were optional. Christmas is that special time of the year where you pretend to love the gifts you were given. Now that it's just around the corner, I'm relaxing, drinking a little spiked eggnog, and thinking back ...
Comments
Post a Comment