Saturday, July 6, 2019

Email To My Brother: The California Earthquake

My Brother:
     "The earth quake was so bad that I'm still cleaning up the damage. When it hit, I was thrown to the side wall and then on the ground. It bounced me around a couple of times. The house was rocking back and forth. Our neighbors were all running out to the street. Part of the street opened up and six or eight neighbors fell into a crevasse before it closed burying them alive. The water main down the street broke and water was shooting a hundred feet into the air. So high that a flock of birds flying by were hit with the water and they fell to the ground. People were grabbing them, saving them for food. I grabbed a couple of my guns and start rattling cover-fire. A group of ten came after Chewbaca and Sunny, probably for future meals, but I was able to force them back with my RK43. A couple of times I started running low on ammo. My grandson was brilliant and fearless. He low-crawled into the house, grabbed numerous boxes of ammo before low-crawling back to me. A couple of my female neighbors offered me their "favors" in exchange for some water and a energy bar. The old, ugly ones were turned back. The hotties? Well, they got their water and energy bars. Most houses are on fire. Zombies are roaming the streets. It was a bad earth quake. It was so bad I almost started praying.
     "I'd better get.
     "I have guard duty."
  
Me:
     When I spoke with our father this morning, he asked me, “Is it true they had an earthquake in California?”
    “Yes, pop,” I told him, unable to lie.
     “Was it bad?”
     “It sounded pretty bad, yeah.”
    “And your brother’s okay?” 
    He sounded worried.
    “Yes, pop. He’s fine.”
     “A building didn’t fall on him like in the new Spider-Man movie?”
     “No, pop. A building didn’t fall on him.”
     I heard him take a deep sigh.
     “Gee, that’s too bad,” he said.

  
  
RaisingDad
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com. American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
  

No comments:

Post a Comment