Sunday, March 18, 2018

Rent A 'Rent

There’s a business where a person can rent a grandparent. I read about it on the internet, so it must be true.
    Now, I tell you THAT to tell you THIS:

     My father lives with me. He’s elderly, widowed, and has been diagnosed pre-Alzheimer’s. The trifecta of reasons why I should cut him some slack.
    On one particularly stressful day, I was worn out from dealing with him. My children and grandchildren COMBINED weren’t as much trouble.
    “Think I could sell him?” I joked with my lovely wife, after he had finally settled down.
    “You could,” she told me, with a playful tone to her voice, “but who would buy him?”

 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment