Sunday, August 5, 2018

Email To My Brother: Books

I told my daughter and granddaughter that you and your wife were going on an Alaskan cruise.
     “The next time we’re at the book store,” I said, “I want you to find a bunch of female-authored mystery books for your aunt.”
     They assured me they would.
     “She’s going to need all the help she can get,” I continued, “to come up with reasons not to have sex with your uncle.”
     I thought about what I just told them, and then added, “And make sure they have looong chapters. That way, when he’s pressuring her, she can tell him: ‘Let me just finish this chapter first.’

     "Old as he is, he’ll have fallen asleep by the time she does.”
 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment