Friday, July 20, 2018

Email To My Brother: How Did He Die?

Did you hear the news report about a 92-year-old lady by the name of Anna Mae Blessing who shot her 72-year-old son because he was going to put her in an assisted living facility?
     Now I know why you keep your guns in a safe.
      “You took my life, so I'm taking yours,” she said, but I’m not sure exactly when, and I'm also not sure where the incident took place--Fake News wasn’t specific--but it sounds like something you always hear happening in Albuquerque or Florida.
      Anna Mae also tried to shoot her now-dead son’s 57-year-old girlfriend, but the younger woman managed to wrestle the gun away from her. I say, if you can't wrestle the gun out of a 92-year-old lady's hand, you don't deserve to live.
      “Do you have any children?” someone might ask her in the other assisted living facility called prison.
     “I had a son,” she could answer, wiping away a single tear, “but he’s dead.”
     “Oh, that’s a shame. Nobody should have to bury their child. How did he die?”
     “I shot him.”

 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment