Saturday, December 16, 2017

Nothing Wrong With Hoping

I told you last week how my wife and I ran into an old buddy of mine at Costco. He was with his wife. And then I told you how that very same buddy had recently been diagnosed pre-Alzheimer's.
     Well, my buddy and I sat down in the snack area to catch up on current events. I even bought him a slice of pizza and something to drink, because 1) I was hungry and don't like to eat in front of other people when they're not eating, and 2) if I waited for him to treat me to a pizza and something to drink I'd be waiting an awfully long time. I'm not saying he's cheap, but copper wire was invented when he and his dad fought over a penny. Meanwhile, my wife and his wandered off into the huge warehouse to see who could get to zero on their bank accounts first.
     In the privacy of the Costco aisles, my wife later told me that she asked my buddy's wife, “How is it having a husband with Alzheimer’s?”
     “It’s great,” she answered.

     “What do you mean it’s great?” my wife wanted to know, surprised at the answer.    
     “Whenever he wants sex, I always tell him, ‘We just had sex. Don’t you remember?’ Being the macho guy he is, he’ll say ‘Oh, yeah. That’s right. Never mind.’ I haven’t had to have sex in years.”
     All I can say is...
     ...I hope I never get Alzheimer’s.

 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment