Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My 94 Year-Old Ghost

I have a ghost in my house.
     Every time I go upstairs, I'll make sure the lights are all off downstairs.
     However, when I was a kid, and it was my Dad who was footing the bill, I didn't concern myself with little things like conserving electricity or water. Now that the bills come addressed to me, I've seen the light and don't feel the need to be so wasteful.
     Once upstairs, I'll do what I need to do, and then go back downstairs for one reason or another. Somehow, all the lights and even the TV in the great room will be turned on. Only there'll be nobody there.
     I'll turn everything off, and then go back upstairs.
    When I go back downstairs... everything will be turned on again.
     I'll turn it off.
     Go back upstairs.
     Go back downstairs.
     Everything's on.
     Turn everything off.
     Go upstairs.
     Go downstairs.
     On.
     Off.
     Upstairs.
     Downstairs.
     On.
     Off.
     Upstairs.
     Downstairs.
     On.
     Off.

     This goes on over and over again.
     My 94 year-old white-haired ghost is driving me nuts.
 
 


Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
jimduchene.blogspot.com  Fifty Shades of Funny
 @JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment