Friday, November 27, 2020

Email To My Brother: Names

My brother likes to take his grandson hiking and camping, and occasionally he'll send me pictures of the two of them together on their adventures.

     I like to repay his kindness with trash talk.

     Hence, the following email:

Can't get over how big your grandson looks in those pictures you sent me, but who's that old geezer who’s in a couple of pictures with him?

     I think I’ve seen him on the National Geographic channel. 

     He was telling the story of how he got his name.

     “Where I'm from,” he said, “our children are named after something the father sees or does when their child is born. For example, my sister is named Moon Rises High because when she was born my father saw the moon high up in the sky. My brother is named Horse Runs Fast because my father rode his horse hard all night long to be there when he was born.”

     “That’s a wonderful story,” the interviewer said. “And what is your name?”

     “My name?”

     “Yes.”

     The old geezer considered a while, then said, “My name is Dropped On Head.”
  
RaisingDad
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com
@JimDuchene
  

No comments:

Post a Comment