Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Fortune Cookie Coincidence?

Many years ago, back when my lovely mother was still alive and my beautiful wife and I still considered ourselves newlyweds, we took both of our parents to a Chinese restaurant to give them the happy news that we were expecting our first baby.
     My wife and I were both nervous about surprising them with the revelation that they were about to become grandparents, so we made it all the way to the end of the meal without spilling the beans.
     The check came on a little black plastic tray that also held a fortune cookie for each of us. My father and father-in-law immediately began bickering over who would pay for the meal.
     "Hmm," I thought to myself, "I should invite them out to dinner more often."
     Grabbing one of the fortune cookies, I broke it open.
     Inside, my fortune read:
 
What you do in private will soon be public.
 
     Hmm... indeed.
   
   
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment