Saturday, October 8, 2016

The New Waitress

The last time I took my elderly father to a restaurant, we had the misfortune of getting a new waitress on her first day of training. The poor girl got BOTH of our orders wrong, even though we ordered the same thing.
     But she tried, I'll give her that.
     Instead of hamburger steaks, we got hamburgers. Instead of mashed potatoes, we got fries. Instead of coffee, we got diet colas.
     At the end of the meal, the flustered waitress smiled and asked if we would like dessert.
     My father perused the dessert menu for a second, and then asked her, "Now... what do I have to order to get some pie?"
 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
JimDuchene.blogspot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
as featured in Desert Exposure Magazine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment