Monday, September 21, 2015

One Way Or The Other

Recently, my wife wanted me to go shopping with her.
     At first, I didn't want to. I like to hike in the afternoon, and her shopping schedule would disrupt my walking schedule.
     Finally, when she told me we'd be going to the mall, I agreed. I figured that the way my wife shops, I would still get my walking done, and this way both of us would be a winner.
     In my case, a broke winner.
     Unfortunately, my elderly father who lives with us decided he wanted to come along, so, instead of walking, I knew I'd end up being a babysitter for a 96-year-old man. He used to walk every morning, but, recently, his idea of going on a walk has become sitting in front of the TV and watching The Price Is Right.
     After a store or two, my father and I sat and waited for my wife to run out of money. As we watched the other Saturday shoppers walk past, a group of very sexily dressed girls walked by.
     "Hmmm..." I said.
     "Hmmm..." my father replied, and then he told me, "Seeing those girls makes me wish I was 20 years older."
     "Older?" I asked him. "Don't you mean 20 years younger?"
     "Nah," he said. "I mean 20 years older. That way I wouldn't care one way or the other."
 
 
Raising My Father
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
jimduchene.blogspot.com  American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
as featured in Desert Exposure Magazine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment